As you’ll be aware, new national restrictions have come into force to help limit the spread of Covid-19. Like other colleges and adult education providers across the country, our centres are now closed and all delivery will move to online and distance learning.
We want to reassure you that we’ll be supporting all our existing and new students during the latest period of lockdown and will continue to provide high quality teaching, remotely.
What does this mean?
- To help keep everyone safe, our staff are working from home and your tutor will be available to support you via Zoom, phone and email.
- If your circumstances require additional support from your tutor and you’re deemed a vulnerable learner, based on the government definition, your tutor will be in touch with you to discuss any additional support you may need.
- There are a number of exams and End Point Assessments due to take place in the coming weeks and your tutor will advise you of any changes to these. For those who are due to undertake GCSE exams this summer, we await further guidance on how you will be assessed.
- Safeguarding and learning support will be available and operating as normal. You’re encouraged to use the normal contact numbers and referral routes where support and/or help is needed.
- If you don’t have internet access and/or an appropriate device for online learning, please make your personal tutor aware. We’ll do our best to arrange the loan of any necessary equipment.
We hope this reassures you, but should you have any concerns, please contact your tutor in the first instance. If you’re considering a course with SS&L, our admissions team continues to support you remotely to apply and enrol onto our extensive range of courses or answer any questions you may have. Please contact them on 0330 332 7997, use Live Chat below or complete the contact us form.
We’ll provide further updates both here on our website and via our social media platforms as the situation changes. In the meantime, stay home and keep safe.