At SS&L, we want to inspire a love of learning and make learning accessible to you…
We believe you have the right to reach your potential and, through learning, you can improve your chances of finding work, provide support for your family and live a healthier, more independent life.
We offer a range of short courses and workshops to:
- Ignite or re-ignite your love for learning
- Develop job related skills to improve your employment prospects
- Help develop transferrable life skills
- Improve your English, maths or computer skills
- Improve your physical and mental health and well-being
- Help you support your child with the homework
- Explore learning options before committing to longer courses
Community Learning Partnerships
To make sure that we have workshops and courses available across the region, including in the most rural locations, we work with a range of partners across Somerset. Our partners bring a variety of skills and expertise to help you achieve your learning aspirations, in a way that works for you.
View our Partner Directory to learn more.
West of England Combined Authority
We are funded by the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) to extend our offer into Bath & North East Somerset (B&NES). We’re currently working in partnership with a range of community based organisations across B&NES to provide learning opportunities in the area. As part of the West of England Combined Authority’s partnership, we work collaboratively to make sure there is a learning opportunity that will suit you and your learning aspirations.
View our Community Learning in B&NES page to learn more.
Learn for free
In order to make sure that our learning opportunities are accessible to those who need it most, our workshops and courses are provided free of charge for those who are:
- Unemployed and actively seeking work
- Working, but earning less than £16,009 per year
- In receipt of benefits
- Actively looking to gain new skills to live more independently
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please let us know. We’re always reviewing our courses and workshops to ensure we’re meeting your needs.
Contact us by phone on 0330 332 7997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, chat to one of team via Live Chat below.