Find your path into a career in Care with an SS&L Care Traineeship.
This course will give you practical skills, confidence and employability within the Care sector. You will gain a broad understanding of the Care sector and start to develop the knowledge and skills you need. You will also be offered a local work placement to experience real work practice.
The course will cover:
· Sector specific employment placement
· Level 1 Award in Preparation for Work in Adult Social Care (6 credits)
· Functional Skills English & maths
· Digital Skills for Work
Your Award is made up of units, which includes the following:
· Introduction to adult social care
· Introduction to the values and principles of adult social care
· Awareness of communication skills for adult social care work
· Awareness of roles and responsibilities in adult social care job roles
· Awareness of the skills and attitudes required for adult social care work
Whilst working with an employer in your chosen sector, you will learn through expert trainers about the industry while you gain valuable skills necessary for employment.
You will also have the opportunity to cover additional courses in:
· Display Screen Equipment training
· Fire Awareness training
· Fire Warden training
· GDPR Essentials training
· Health & Safety Basics & Essentials training
· Manual Handling training
· Slips, Trips & Falls training
· Prevent Duty training
· Risk Assessment training
Whilst you gain invaluable work experience in your chosen field, you will develop your literacy and numeracy skills to the level that most employers look for, and attend 121 meetings with your tutor.
Traineeships are available in the following locations:
Somerset - Taunton, Bridgwater, Chard, Crewkerne, Shepton Mallet, Frome and Yeovil
Devon - Torquay, Paignton and Plymouth
Wiltshire - Trowbridge and Salisbury
All aspects of your Care Traineeship will be discussed when you apply for a vacancy or express an interest to a member of the SS&L team. SS&L will support learners to find and succeed with the right employer, course and qualifications for them as an individual.
You may be eligible for our Traineeship financial incentives. Find out more https://www.sslcourses.co.uk/for-students/about-traineeships/
You will be assessed through written coursework, presentations and practical experiences.
SS&L’s main aim is to help you get where you want to work and help you develop a career in this area, with a dedicated tutor to guide you along your journey. A care Traineeship is the right start to further education with SS&L at Level 2, employment, or ideally, an SS&L Apprenticeship.