This career pathway course gives you the opportunity to gain a Level 2 Childcare qualification to kick-start your career and prepare you for work, an Apprenticeship or a T-level in Childcare.
It will build your confidence, and the knowledge and skills employers are looking for.
In this course you will gain a Level 2 Childcare qualification, which will include:
– Parenting and healthy lifestyles
– Rights and responsibilities in relation to parenting
– Respecting and valuing children
– Supporting children’s development
– And much, much more
– You can complete Level 2 maths and English if needed
You can also take part in an employer led project and improve your employability skills in the following:
– Researching and understanding facts
– Addressing straight forward problems
– Interpreting information and ideas
– Be able to identify the effectiveness of your actions
– Career planning and making applications
– Team working skills and much, much more
You can start any time from August 2023 – November 2023, with a finishing date in July.
Learning takes place 1 day a week face to face in one of our centres, with a requirement of an industry placement two days a week or more at some stage during the programme.
This course is aimed at 16-19 year olds, (up to 25 if you have an EHCP), who want a pathway into Childcare. You will need to have attained Level 1 qualifications in maths and English, prior to beginning the course. This course is for you if you want to progress to a T-level, an Apprenticeship or employment in Childcare.
Summative and formal assessments.
Are there any exams? Yes – Maths, English (if required)
You will be able to progress onto a T-Level, an Apprenticeship, employment or further education.
You can also progress onto maths or English GCSE or Functional Skills courses.