This online workshop is for anyone who wants to:
• Build personal confidence and develop a positive mindset.
• Help and value themselves and help others.
• Learn practical solutions to use in times of need.
• Learn how to deal with stress, anxiety, feelings of feeling not being good enough and not knowing where to start.
• Learn how to maintain a positive mindset.
During this short session, we will:
· Start to explore personal confidence and self-esteem
· Explore ways and strategies that help with building confidence and self-esteem, including exploring what it means to be self-aware through an introduction to the main competencies of emotional intelligence, and how these can help you and others.
· Explore what a positive mindset is and practice ways to help maintain positive thinking.
This short session provides the opportunity for you to connect with others and develop tools to draw upon when you need them. You’ll learn to value yourself, develop and maintain a positive mindset and personal confidence. In turn, this can lead to better overall health and wellbeing, and employability opportunities. You’ll also learn to manage stress and develop a healthier relationship with yourself and others.
There is no formal assessment for this workshop.
At the end of this workshop, if you’d like to continue with your learning in this subject, you’ll be able to progress onto our Developer Level workshop or course.
There are a variety of other health and wellbeing courses, including:
• Personal development
• Employability courses and courses related to using technology
• Developing Emotional Resilience
• Effective Time Management
• Understanding Menopause
• Art Journaling
• Self-Care for Carers
• Food and Nutrition
• Courses relating to mood and wellbeing
• Autism Awareness
Our workshops and courses are designed to provide essential skills, develop confidence and resilience, improve your health & wellbeing, prepare you for further learning or employment, provide ways to learn with your family and build communities. We have a wide range of workshops and courses and you can explore more on our website. There’s something for everyone!
Need to know…
This workshop is suitable if you’re a beginner and want to learn about this subject, and you don’t have relevant knowledge or experience.
You will need access to Zoom as this course is online.
If you are aged 19+ AND are unemployed AND receive a benefit / your annual income is less than £25,000 per year AND live in Somerset (not including Bath & North East Somerset) AND you have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years OR you have refugee status / right to remain. *Please note – proof of eligibility will be requested during the enrolment process.
If you are aged 19+ AND your annual income is over £25,000 and live in Somerset OR you live in Bath & North East Somerset OR you live anywhere else in the UK. Some Community partners may not be able to accommodate learners from outside Somerset. This will be highlighted during enrolment.
Our funding rules have changed – how this affects you…
You can only enrol on ONE free* workshop/course at each level, e.g. one Taster, one Starter… and so on. Our new levels are designed to encourage you to learn and progress in your chosen area of interest. If you enrol on multiple workshops/courses at the same level, we’ll contact you to discuss (as there are exceptions), or you’ll be given the opportunity to pay for your place, (costs are detailed on each course page).
Share with friends & family: