This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. They include the working roles, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
• is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
• allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
• allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
• provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
• supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children's settings
• provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
This course is suitable for anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
This course can be completed online via fortnightly tutor-led sessions.
Tutor assessment by assessor.
You could progress onto:
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Level 2 award for support work in schools
Level 2 certificate for support work in schools
Level 2 certificate in children and young people’s mental health
Level 2 certificate in behaviour that challenges
Level 2 certificate in the principles of working with SEND
Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
Need to know…
We do not set any entry requirements for this course, but you will need to have some IT skills. Access to a computer and internet will be required to attend online classes.
To be eligible for the government funding for this course, you must: Have lived in the UK/EEA for the last 3 years
The cost of this course is FREE
eligibility criteria applies
Share with friends & family: