This course is for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of the menopause which goes beyond the more commonly recognised symptoms, either for themselves now or in the future or to be able to support others…
This course will help you…
· Understand what menopause is
· Identify different stages of the menopause
· Recognise that when hormones are in the driving seat there are a number of ways our body and mind can be affected
· Identify potential ways menopause can affect us which go beyond the more commonly recognised ones like hot flushes, tiredness and brain fog
· Identify ways that are known to help with menopause symptoms and commit to put into practice after the course yourself or to help others
We will also cover insights into…
• How individuals can embrace changes and gain foundational knowledge and understanding that there are ways to manage menopause effectively
• Understanding that you/others are not alone and how to seek help and assistance at work, and in your personal lives - as well as medical assistance if necessary
• Gaining awareness of how to support others who are experiencing any stages of the menopause.
Join this supportive workshop to gain understanding and remove stigma attached to menopause to help yourself or others, and have the opportunity to not only learn from the course content but from others on the course.
This online workshop is run in a relaxed and friendly way via Zoom.
There are no formal qualifications for this course.
The main purpose of our Menopause workshops and courses are to promote awareness and remove stigma attached in the topic of menopause to help yourself and others.
At the end of this workshop, if you’d like to continue with your learning in this subject, you’ll be able to progress onto our Enhancer Level workshop or course.
Our workshops and courses are designed to provide essential skills, develop confidence and resilience, improve your health & wellbeing, prepare you for further learning or employment, provide ways to learn with your family and build communities. We have a wide range of workshops and courses and you can explore more on our website. There’s something for everyone!
Need to know…
This workshop is suitable if you have completed our Starter Level in this subject, within a similar subject area, or have previous experience, and want to progress and explore this subject in more depth.
There are no qualifications required to join, just a willingness to learn and lots of interest.
Zoom access required as this course is delivered virtually online.
If you are aged 19+ AND are unemployed AND receive a benefit / your annual income is less than £25,000 per year AND live in Somerset (not including Bath & North East Somerset) AND you have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years OR you have refugee status / right to remain. *Please note – proof of eligibility will be requested during the enrolment process.
If you are aged 19+ AND your annual income is over £25,000 and live in Somerset OR you live in Bath & North East Somerset OR you live anywhere else in the UK. Some Community partners may not be able to accommodate learners from outside Somerset. This will be highlighted during enrolment.
Our funding rules have changed – how this affects you…
You can only enrol on ONE free* workshop/course at each level, e.g. one Taster, one Starter… and so on. Our new levels are designed to encourage you to learn and progress in your chosen area of interest. If you enrol on multiple workshops/courses at the same level, we’ll contact you to discuss (as there are exceptions), or you’ll be given the opportunity to pay for your place, (costs are detailed on each course page).
Share with friends & family: