This qualification provides you with study skills and introductory vocational knowledge to support progress into the animal care field. You’ll explore animal care whilst also developing other learning skills.
It’s suitable for those starting in the early stages of an animal care job role or volunteering within an animal care facility. You’ll receive training covering the knowledge required to develop your skills in a practical animal care setting and gain evidence that you are competent in an animal care role.
Suitable workplaces could include: Boarding facilities, Veterinary Practices, Stables, Small Holdings, Farm/Animal Parks, Pet Shops.
· Introduction to Study Skills
· Preparing, Cleaning and Maintaining Animal Accommodation
· Care of Animals
· Assist with Movement and Handling of Animals
The course will be assessed through written evidence as well as witness testimony, reflective logs and practical observation of your skills performed in the workplace.
Those who develop in their role through this qualification could progress onto the Level 2 Practical Animal Care Skills Award or Level 2 Animal Care and Welfare Apprenticeship.
Need to know…
· No previous experience or formal qualifications are necessary.
· You will need access to a computer/laptop that is connected to the internet and be in employment or volunteering at an animal care facility such as: Boarding facilities, Veterinary Practices, Stables, Small Holdings, Farm/Animal Parks, Pet Shops.
This course is free for those learners:
● aged 19 or over at 31 August 2023
● Who have lived in the UK/EAA for the last 3 years
● Who currently reside in Somerset
The cost of this course is FREE
eligibility criteria applies
Share with friends & family: