This qualification provides you with vocational knowledge to support progress into the animal care field.
You’ll gain appropriate skills and knowledge to progress to higher levels of learning or employment in the animal care sector. You’ll develop practical skills to support your current job role and to further your career in animal care, including good working practices and safe working.
Suitable workplaces could include: Boarding facilities, Veterinary Practices, Stables, Small Holdings, Farm/Animal Parks, Pet Shops.
· Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
· Promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of animals
· Provide feed and water to animals
The course will be assessed through written evidence as well as witness testimony, reflective logs and practical observation of your skills performed in the workplace.
Those who develop in their role through this qualification could progress onto the Level 2 Animal Care and Welfare Apprenticeship or various Level 3 Qualifications in the Animal Care sector.
Need to know…
· No previous experience or formal qualifications are necessary
· You will need access to a device that is connected to the internet
· You will need to be in employment or volunteering at an animal care facility such as: Boarding facilities, Veterinary Practices, Stables, Small Holdings, Farm/Animal Parks, Pet Shops
This course is free for those learners:
● aged 19 or over at 31 August 2023
● Who have lived in the UK/EAA for the last 3 years
● Who currently reside in Somerset
The cost of this course is FREE
eligibility criteria applies
Share with friends & family: