2 min read
Work For Us
The work we do is inspiring, heart-warming and humbling. We’re passionate about what we do and as an organisation, we’re evolving fast. As we evolve, we’re building our teams to deliver quality and excellence in adult education to our local communities.
We’re always interested in hearing from tutors and other professionals who are passionate about supporting individuals to develop skills and gain qualifications that will help improve their lives. So even if you don’t see the vacancy for you, please contact us if you are interested in working for us.
We believe we are a great place to work and our staff agree. In our 2020 staff survey 98% of staff agreed that they enjoyed their job, 100% said that they were proud to work for SS&L and 96% would recommend us as a great place to work.
We are guided by our values. To learn more click on the image below to view it as a PDF in a new window.
Wellbeing is a core focus at SS&L, and we believe everyone should have a great work-life balance.
We’re pleased to be able to offer:
- Flexible working*
- Option to work from home*
- On-site parking at certain venues
- Generous travel subsidies
- Generous company pension
- Up to 32 days annual leave + bank holidays + up to 2 gifted Christmas days
- Contractual sick pay for up to one year (after qualifying period)
- Contractual maternity pay (after qualifying period)
- Paternity pay (after qualifying period)
- Shared parental leave
- Continued Professional Development
- Supportive culture with regular one-to-ones, staff feedback sessions and surveys, and an elected staff director
- Access to a free telephone support and counselling service
- Discounted salon treatments
Join us and become a vital part of an organisation that supports the wellbeing of Somerset residents and local communities!
Check out our latest job vacancies below and find out more about the opportunities with us.
SS&L is committed to the protection of young people and vulnerable adults and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expect all staff to share this commitment.
*These options will depend on the needs of the role.
Casual Traineeship TutorsDetails
Non Executive DirectorDetails
Do you want to work for SS&L?
Send us a message and tell us about yourself and why you feel you can positively change people’s lives through learning. We’d love to hear from you.
Send us a message0330 332 7997